Law & Risk Management presents information about torts, contracts, employer/employee relations, property rights, leasing and conveyancing, and environmental law and insurance. It also discusses the insurance market, different types of insurance policies, and the claims adjustment process. Reading this material will provide you with a foundation in the basic principles of law and risk management, thus helping you deal with everyday legal and risk issues surrounding your business.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Discuss the issues surrounding contracting law
- Explain the legal aspects of real estate financing
- Understand environmental law and land use
- Identify potential legal liability situations
- Formulate effective loss control programs
- Understand insurance policies needed to help protect your company from potential liability claims
- Describe how underwriting for insurance affects your coverage
- Provide comprehensive employee benefit plans
KEY TOPIC AREAS:
conveying and financing real estate • contracts • property interests • premises liability • environmental law and concerns • employment relationships and agency • introduction to risk management • insurance company operations • principles of insurance and insurable risk • general liability insurance and employee benefit plans • loss exposures
BOMI International courses are recognized by many other professional organizations such as IREM, IFMA, IUOE, and more. Credits from these organizations may apply as well. Contact Sarah Kuester at (317) 632-4104 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org more details.
CLASSROOM SPACE SPONSORED BY: